Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Paradise

It's cloudy and windy outside. Took a nice walk down to the pond's edge, Kimi ahead and Ranger beside. Kind of reminded me of the first time I set foot here.
The endless deluge of news of calamities, tragedies and human follies was kind of overwhelming lately. Staying here without access to news of global happenings certainly makes one feel good. Staying ignorant may yet have it's benefits. Knowing and yet not able to effect change puts one in a rather depressing state. You get to sample the feelings of helplessness minus the possibility of getting the junk out of your system. A walk alone with your dogs without a single fellow human being is good therapy for the tired, weary mind.
Had been pretty busy with work and a whole lot of unrelated stuff. Feels like the ground is moving underneath me. Endless activities, travelling chisels a bit off your being and consciousness, sitting behind the wheels of my humble Italian car helps to restore a bit of joy for life. Carpe Diem!
Live we must, persevere we will, fight we have to. Only then can a simple walk with my dogs can have such a therapeutic effect.

No comments: