Tuesday, March 16, 2004

1st Is Wrong, The 2nd Is Also Wrong!

Race based politics is wrong! Religion based politics is wrong as well!
To move our country ahead, we have to cast aside those who practice the above. There is no place for race or religion based politics in my ideal Malaysia. These two way is wrong.

In my ideal Malaysia, race and religion cease to dictate public policies and development direction. The ideal government looks after its' citizens irregardless of their race or religious inclination. The colour of our skin, the shape of their physical appearance should not hide the fact that deep inside we're the same, flesh and blood, all created in the image of God. The poor and destitute ought to be given aid, not just monetary but aid with the aim of improving their living conditions and standards. The more industrious be given the motivation and impetus to excel further. Everyone shall be given equal opportunity. Every citizen would be given a sense of belonging. Education for all, amenities for all, housing for all, healthcare for all and opportunities for all.

In my ideal Malaysia, criminals will suffer consequences for their actions. Corruption will be dealt with swiftly and judiciously. The legal framework and justice system would make it difficult and laborious for those contemplating misguided ideas of getting rich fast. The law in my ideal Malaysia will be swift, just and fair to all. My ideal Malaysia is a place where development of human ingenuity, values, moral, godliness, happiness and contentment is the main anchors for national policies. The wealth of the nation is measured by the well being of the citizens not the amount of physical buildings and stupefying achievements.

In my ideal Malaysia, it would matter no more who the leaders are, their ethnic origins is rendered inconsequential as they seek the betterment of their fellow countryman.

My ideal Malaysia is starting to materialise before my very eyes... as I see beyond race and creed. To speak against injustice, to fight for my fellow Malaysians, to stand with my fellow Malaysians, to grief with my fellow Malaysians. To celebrate with my fellow malaysians.

No comments: